This week, reader Ralph C. wrote:
What you showed us Saturday [at the Cajun Clickers Computer Club’s Windows Special Interest Group meeting — Terry], looked ever so simple. Trouble is, it must be a Wxp PRO feature. I have been through just about every menu I can find, and have not seen that advanced setting change one yet!
The options to maximize programs (or minimize programs) as the start are on my wife’s XP Home computer, so it must be on yours, too. It wasn’t an “Advanced” button item.
To make the program maximize on startup:
- right click on the icon for the program
- pick Properties
- The Properties window has 3 tabs: General, Shortcut and Compatibility
- If the Shortcut tab is not selected, select the Shortcut tab
- The second-to-bottom box is labeled Run. It is a pull-down menu. Pick Maximized.
- Click Apply
- Click OK to close the Properties window.