You might be interested in some free computer eBooks (Adobe Reader .pdf format) that I found on the web.
What’s so unusual about these books? They’re picture books. They are highly focused on screen shots — and just a few words.
The couple books that I downloaded and looked at quickly were both full of step-by-step screen shots to take me through the programs they discussed.
The site providing them provides the .pdf files in resolutions suitable for reading on your monitor.
If you want a better resolution, for printing, you can buy a copy of any of the books. Or, you can even buy preprinted books.
What kind of books do they have? They have books on:
- computer basics (Windows, Mac, Linspire and Palm),
- Microsoft Office 2003 (Access, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Publisher),
- OpenOffice (Base, Calc, Writer, Impress),
- web design (Dreamweaver, Frontpage 2003, HTML & CSS),
- web graphics (Photoshop CS2, Fireworks 8 and Photoshop Elements 4), and
- web programming (MySQL Basics, PHP basics and PERL basics).
Where can you find them? InPics.net